Display Advertising Planning & Analysis - Financial & Traffic Metrics:
- Directly support the print and digital business in forecasting, reporting and variance analysis of display advertising revenue and associated key traffic metrics
- Support monthly forecasting cycles and annual budget and long term plan submissions to the senior management team
- Coordinate with business owners to discuss results and to understand any changes in business that would impact future periods
- Coordinate with business owner teams to ensure budgets and forecasts are accurate, while providing relevant analysis and feedback to help drive business and budget decisions
- Support month-end process by accruing display revenue, month end accruals and reporting
- Provide ad hoc analysis, support, and research as needed
- Exceptional financial analysis and analytical skills
- Experience with print and digital properties preferred
- Knowledge of advertising agency relationships and digital revenue ecosystems working with Google, Facebook, and/or Amazon is desired
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to adapt to change and to identify ways to improve existing processes and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Windows based applications including ERP accounting software, such as Peoplesoft or Netsuite, as well as PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with improvement of operational and accounting processes, policies and procedures
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting for a company or division
- Experience with financial information & planning systems
Years of Experience Required:
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in digital finance planning, traffic management, digital sales operations, data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in (Accounting/Finance/Business/Operations preferred) from an accredited college or university
With 150 million monthly unique users and offices in New York, Hamburg, London, Sydney, Melbourne and Warsaw, BAUER XCEL MEDIA is one of the world’s fastest-growing digital media companies. Our New York office houses the digital division of Bauer Media Group US and it’s here that we publish LifeandStyleMag.com, InTouchWeekly.com, CloserWeekly.com, FHM.com, J-14.com, WomansWorld.com, FirstforWomen.com, and SoapsinDepth.com.
Bauer Xcel Media is not your typical digital publisher. Despite our powerhouse brand portfolio, our teams are small but mighty. We move quickly. We are programmatic first. We create all of our own content, fully independent of our print magazine counterparts. Our editors own the complete lifecycle of our content from idea, to story, to social media posting, and beyond.
Our team is fast and efficient and we believe that our spirit is a result of a flexible work environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. Happy employees matter to us.