This role reports directly to the Senior Editor of In Touch. In this mid-level role, you will work closely under the direction of the senior and executive editors to pitch, produce, edit and commission high-quality, engaging, shareable content for In Touch. You will be called on to write responsive new stories, as well as evergreen entertainment content.
- Generating engaging, original story ideas that bring a fresh new angle to topical issues;
- Monitoring TV, radio, print and online content as well as social media platforms to ensure you’re constantly on top of the entertainment news cycle;
- Chasing talent, conducting interviews and maintaining relationships with sources;
- Writing concise, punchy, on-brand social media promos and headlines that maximize content shareability;
- Promoting your work through all applicable distribution channels;
- Ensuring that all content you create is optimized for SEO, and constantly pitching new SEO ideas.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have worked in the media industry for a minimum of three years in a digital capacity;
- Live and breathe the news cycle, and be naturally keen to know what people are talking about and what’s trending in social media;
- Be a natural multi-tasker and a creative thinker, bursting with ideas;
- Possess extreme flexibility, agility, and ability to work under pressure;
- Be a very strong writer with some experience chasing and interviewing talent and editing copy;
- Be highly organized;
- Be both a team-player and a self-starter;
- Be familiar with In Touch’s tone of voice and content areas.
- Ideally, be familiar with working in a range of CMSs;
- Have some familiarity with social media strategy and SEO;
- Have some experience using Google Analytics.
Bauer Xcel Media is not your typical digital publisher. Despite our powerhouse brand portfolio, our teams are small but mighty. We move quickly. We are programmatic first. We create all of our own content, fully independent of our print magazine counterparts. Our editors own the complete lifecycle of our content from idea, to story, to social media posting, and beyond.
You'll find us in a shared start-up space where we have lots of hard-to-beat perks like a roof deck, beer on tap, ping pong, and an all-around collaborative spirit that's energetic and downright contagious.
Our team is fast and efficient and we believe that our spirit is a result of a flexible work environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. Happy employees matter to us.